Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cant turn my Bluetooth on, on my Nikon D7500, Nikon D7500,

Hi, i cant turn...

Hi, i cant turn my Bluetooth on, on my Nikon D7500

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Nikon D7500

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your D7500?

About 2 months i connected it to snap bridge, and cause I had troubles on and off with it not connecting to the correct device, I deleted all devices off the camera. After that it turned Bluetooth off, and it is now unavailable to me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what I wrote above

2/16/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

All of a sudden I have the same problem with the wifi.
Thank you!

Ok, you will need to try a factory reset of the camera.

Do you know how to do that using the menu?

I have already done that, didn’t help. Sorry should’ve said that.

What else have you already tried?

I made my smart devices (2xipad, 1x iPhone) “forget” the camera. I don’t think I’ve done anything else.

Ok, Bluetooth isn't setup directly from the menu on the D7500 and other SnapBridge enabled cameras. Instead, you have to use the WiFi or NFC linkage from the SnapBridge app to get your phone or tablet to pair with your camera on Bluetooth.

Okay, what is NFC?
When I try and connect through wifi it won’t, as wifi on camera is disabled.

NFC is a method of wireless data transfer (Near Field Communication).

If you are still having trouble, try the following:

1. Make sure your camera is not in Airplane mode.
  2. Setup WiFi on the camera first, and note that the camera is hosting the WiFi network. You won't actually be able to connect the camera to an existing AP. You can set a password ***** this ad-hoc WiFi network on the camera.
  3. Connect to the WiFi network from your device, using the name of the network and password ***** it that is configured on the camera.
  4. On your camera, locate the "Connect to Smart Device" option in settings and activate it.
  5. Launch SnapBridge on your device. If the WiFi connection dropped (this happens often on iOS), it may prompt you to activate it again. Simply go back to your WiFi settings or use the prompt button in the iOS Snapbridge app and reconnect to the AP/network hosted by the Camera when directed to the phone/tablet settings. Return back to the Snapbridge app after the wifi network is on the camera's AP.
  6. If everything has gone well, it should detect the camera and you'll be prompted to verify the bluetooth code on both devices, and from here the pairing goes the same as any other bluetooth device, except that it is within Snapbridge.
  7. If your camera battery is not at 85% or better charge, you may have trouble connecting - ensure the batteries are all fully charged.

Hope that helps!

Pete.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Hi, no issue is on going. Thank you, ***** *****’ll seek advise elsewhere

I see you gave me a poor 2 star rating! :(

A negative rating means I am penalized for trying to assist you. It does not process a refund of your payment.

Is there any part of my answer that you need clarification on?

I hope you reconsider the rating. Please advise and thank you for your time.

You can re-rate again at any time.

Pete.

I haven;t heard back from you yet - any reason for the 2 star rating?

Pete, Electronic Engineer