Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My HDMI Port 3 no longer provides sound with my picture. Up…

My HDMI Port 3...

My HDMI Port 3 no longer provides sound with my picture.

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

Up until a few days ago, I had cables in Ports 1,2,3 and 4 and everything worked fine. Then I added my Comcast cable and an Amazon Fire TV cable and the sound on 3 stopped.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

The audio is working on all other devices except when they are plugged into Port 3.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I also today noticed my Xbox started to lose its HDMI connection to the receiver, blacking out on and off, while watching a movie This was while plugged into a different port.

2/15/2018
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here, I do not know which device you have in 3 however if you move this to say 4 as a test does it then have sound or not please?

Anthony

It does have sound
I am unable at this time to work with my receiver, so I wouldn't benefit from a call. I also do not want to spend the additional money. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK so its ONLY on 3 you are having the trouble, have you re-booted the set?unplugged from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again?if no joy doing that have you reset the Tv back to factory default?both of these options should be carried out before we move on, if both options do not restore sound I will need the model number of the set found on the back of the set

You may see messages that are sent by the site (not me) for phone calls etc, I am not available by phone myself I can only help using this chat\typing format,if you choose the option another tech may ring you from the phone team (depending on whos available and if its feasible by phone)you can choose to just ignore if not required

Thanks for your reply. I resolved problem by changing port Audio In from AV2 to HDMI and changing Decoder Mode to Auto.

OK that is fine hopefully the info was of some help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Anthony
Anthony, Technician