Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I increase the # of rings before my voicemail picks…

Customer Question
How do I increase...

How do I increase the # of rings before my voicemail picks up ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Checked all of the setting etc but I don't see a prompt for # of rings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks noting else

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number of the phone?
Are you using the panasonic answering machine, or voicemail?

model # KX-TG133CSK using voicemail

Okay if you are using actual voicemail service, provided by the phone company, then there would be no adjustment on the phone itself. The panasonic cannot control the voicemail, nor could any other make/model of phone equipment. What you'll need to do is dial into the voicemail system, as you normally do to listen to your messages, and listen there for a prompt such as "press 4 for personal greetings" for example (sometimes have to hit * first) and then listen there for the prompt to change the rings. Failing that you can call the phone co and have them adjust it for you.