Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My Bose system #4307 won’t turn on with the remote. Yes, we…

Hi, my Bose system...

Hi, my Bose system #4307 won’t turn on with the remote. Yes, we have changed the battery....lol

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

Where is the reset button?

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, we are running direct tv and Bose for our sound system. When we turned off the tv, Bose wouldn’t turn off. We unplugged it and plugged it back in and now we can’t turn on with the remote.

1/23/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you turn it on on the actual unit itself?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, once we unplugged it we haven been able to power it on

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I believe the warranty has expired. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the powerboard.... best estimate?

Depends on where you are but about $100-$150 with labor generally.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
In Tucson, AZ. Do I contact Bose directly or somewhere like best buy

Without a warranty it is best to use a repair center like Bestbuy

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks for your help. Have a great Day!

You too!!

Richard, Customer Service