Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How to connect my Apple TV box to my Hitachi 50VS810 TV.? 15…

How to connect my...

How to connect my Apple TV box to my Hitachi 50VS810 TV.?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 50VS810?

15 yea s

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50VS810? What happened right before this?

Recently moved homes, worked fine in former house, problem occurred when recently trying to re-connect in present house

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

1/22/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The physical connection required here would be hdmi,

so you'd use a hdmi cable from the appletv box to the hdmi port on the back of the hitachi,

you'd then use the SOURCE (input) button on the hitachi remote to select the hdmi input mode, and this should bring up the appletv.

If this does not work, let me know and I'll guide you through some additional steps.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have done that, get a screenmarkedinputs 1-5 but no. Netflix

You need to choose the hdmi input (try input 1),

or cycle through each one individually until the appletv home screen comes up

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Input 1 is the TV which works fine, have cycled through inputs 2-5, nothing.

Okay so you must have your cable box there,

so the other hdmi port is set as input 2, that is where the appletv needs to be plugged in, and the tv set to input2.

If no change, press and hold the Menu and Volume Up buttons on your appletv remote together, for 10 seconds.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now have Netflix, thanks for your help

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer