Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have two Roku,s Roku 2 and a new Roku Ultra. We are

I have two Roku,s...

I have two Roku,s Roku 2 and a new Roku Ultra. We are located in Mexico. When I bring up the sign in page it comes up in Spanish that I do not understand. We got the Roku 2 signed in with the help of a Mexican friend and is working OK. Went he brought up the options on the Roku devices to use, Roku Ultra would not show up,therefore we cannot sign the new device.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Roku Ultra

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Netflix works but that is all we get

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Have you read my first submission?

1/21/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Thankyou

You're welcome. I recommend that you reset your Roku Ultra to factory defaults. If you do that, the first screen that you see after it comes back up should allow you to choose a language.

To reset it to factory defaults please do the following:

1. With the Roku on, use a bent paper clip to press and hold the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. Note: I recommend that you use a timer.
  2. The Roku may turn off, If it does not, please power it off and press and hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
  3. While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and press and hold for another 30 seconds.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.

I see that you requested a phone call. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to call Mexico. When we have completed troubleshooting and resolved the issue, I will contact customer service to request that the request fora phone call be cancelled and that you not be charged for that additional service.

Waiting for your call

Perhaps you did not see my reply?

I am confident that if you follow the detailed instructions that I provide, we can resolve the problem. If you would prefer a phone call, I will leave the request open and another expert may be able to accept the phone call request.

Still waiting for your call

Are you not seeing my responses?

The phone number that I have provided is a magic number from Alberta Canada. Should not be a problem for you to call
Waiting for your call. I ment to say Magic Jack phone number

I apologize but I can only make calls within the U.S.

Am I to expect a call soon?

It seems that you are not seeing some of my responses.

You can't call a Canadian number?

I can't. I can only make calls within the US using our call system There may be other experts who can, as we have experts located all over the world. Your question has been opened to all experts.

If we cannot talk maybe you have suggestion. I know how to change the language on the roku. The problem I have is that when I go to the roku SIGN IN page it comes up in Spanish. Went my Mexican friend went into this page and it showed the different Roku devices that could be activated ROKU ULTRA was not an option. Why did our computer not reconnize this device? Can you activate our channel options from your location if I give you the pass word etc

I recommend that you reset your Roku Ultra to factory defaults. If you do that, the first screen that you see after it comes back up should allow you to choose a language.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If that doesn't work, I have another method we can try.

As I mentioned I do not have a problem with the language on the ROKU. Only on the sign in page on the computer.

I am so sorry. I misread that. Please give me just a moment.

Since I can't offer a phone call, perhaps I can offer SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE instead. Will that be acceptable? I can remotely access your computer and work on this while you watch.

If you'd liek to do this please click on the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e49c585f-d8c9-4f0d-b0bb-22c06230b527

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you!

Every time I go to the Elsinore request I change it from I cloud to mail then it seems to end the correspondance

What type of computer are you using? is it a MAC or A Windows computer?

We have a dell computer with windows

Thank you. I am a little confused as to how iCloud has anything to do with a Windows computer. Can you elaborate?

When you click run on the elsinore file, it should connect us. We can chat via the connection. so it won't matter if you lose the conversation

I am not a computer guy. You tell me. When I got the request from Elsinore it showed correspondance through I cloud not our e mail address

Let's try again from the beginning:

Please click on the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e49c585f-d8c9-4f0d-b0bb-22c06230b527On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."After you click on I AGREE a box should popup asking you to SAVE the file. Please click ok. Now click on the downloaded file.(at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner, or in your DOWNLOADS folder.). Next, click on OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)I'll then be connected.
When I click on the site. It says. Safari Connot
open as server cannot be found. Frustrated customer

I'm sorry. I understand your frustration. If it says Safari cannot connect that tells me that you are now on the MAC computer. The instructions for getting connected to me are different, depending on which computer you are on.

If you have a MAC, please click on this link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/. Next scroll down until you see a rectangular green box labeled DOWNLOAD. Click that link to download and install Team Viewer for MAC. When installation has completed you should see an id and passcode on the screen. Please provide that and I will then be able to connect to you and work on this while you watch.

If you are on your Windows computer do this:

Please click on the link below:

After you click on I AGREE a box should popup asking you to SAVE the file. Please click ok.

Now click on the downloaded file.(at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner, or in your DOWNLOADS folder.). Next, click on OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Phone call session started
I am signing off for now

I understand. Please let me know when you would like to continue. I work a flex schedule. If I am not available when you return, please specify s time, including time zone that will work for you and I will do my best to accomodate you.