Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Sa-gx910 amps cut out. Since new in 92. Checked speaker

Sa-gx910 amps cut out ...

Sa-gx910 amps cut out

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SA-GX910?

Since new in 92

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Checked speaker wires cleaned out reciever

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Polk

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

I put into storage for 11years goingfor to re test after I check circuit boards for bad solder joints

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Just any info if any one has had this same problem

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
would prefer to talk on phone but need to charge phone and getting late cannot type very well
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
am going to bed can be contacted in morning am on pacific time would be easier to talk on phone
1/21/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Technics SA-GX910..."

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially and if all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then it would be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Louie, Technician
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
would rather talk on phone when convenient cannot type very well and going to be away from computer also have service manual for reciever
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Louie, Technician