Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

We have an older Panasonic VHS and DVD combination player.

HI. we have...

HI. we have an older Panasonic VHS and DVD combination player. At present the VHS sides does not play, THE dVD side does not even open, and if it does, there is a danger of getting the DVD disk caught in the machine. iS there a location near Stafford, virginia 22554 where this could be taken and repaired for a reasonable price??

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Panasonic made it it is about 10myears old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic media player?

Best Buy says there is nothing they can do, nor could they suggest anything or anyone beyond trying to get a new machine on amazon.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't thinkof anything. Just how can we fix; or can we/you???

1/21/2018
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I was unable to locate any Panasonic Service Centers in Stafford, but there are quite a few in Alexandria. I will list a few of them below:

TYLER'S TV & VIDEO

1202 AUTUMN PL

HERNDON, VA

Tel:(###) ###-####/p>

VIRGINIA ELECTRONICS INC

*****STE A

ASHLAND, VA

Tel:(###) ###-####/p>

JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!! I'll probably try the one in Herndon !!! thanks again. I notice Amazon is re selling some for about $175.00. is There an estimate of what the repair would probably cost given the problem description??
Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are welcome.

In terms of a repair estimate, I am not too sure as each service center charges their own price. You will definitely have to get in touch with them to ascertain the repair cost.

Have a wonderful night.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ThankS -- signing off for now. I had almost hoped that you could suggestxa home hammer and screwdriver remedy!! ;-)

Okay. Have a good night.

JA Engineer
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer