Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have a Sony 2012 audio device: RDP X200ip. A cell phone

Have a Sony 2012...

Have a Sony 2012 audio device: RDP X200ip. A cell phone docking device. My new iPhone 8 Plus has no USB docking device however the back of the RDP X200ip has an avail audio in plugin. No suck plug in on cell phone. i

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Is RDP obsolete?iMac Version 10.13.2.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Can rest iPhone on dock because USB of older cell phone type.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No run with what you have.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You need the iPhone 8 + headphone adapter that plugs into the charge port- and to use that to plug into the AUX IN on the Sony. Do you not have that?

Don't have that. Will visit Best Buy.

You won't be able to use the USB type dock on the Sony in any way with the new iPhone, so the AUX Input is the only one that can be used. The iPhone uses the charge port to headphone adapter. You can get that at Best Buy, or I can also provide a link to where you can purchase that if you'd like?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Thank you. We're done here.
Aric, Technician