Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

The 2013 GC sat nav does not accept a full 6 digit UK post…

The 2013 GC sat nav...
The 2013 GC sat nav does not accept a full 6 digit UK post code. It only accepts 4 digits and it is impossible to find a location using 4 digits. In many case the database has the street listed but often it is not listed and then it’s impossible to lfind the address you need..I have installed all the updates available without success. Is it possible to install the later 2014- 2018 Satan’s into the 2013 GC?
Answered in 2 days by:
1/22/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have not had any response to muquestion only an attempt to get more money. I am not very pleased with this service

Hi Doug,

I am not sure that I understand the issue -- You live in the US but you want to use the navigation for the UK?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hi Harry
No I live in the UK and this problem with the operating system is only applicable to the UK, to find a location you need a six digit post code Ie RG1 5DS but the Grand Cherokee GPS only accepts four digits ie RG1 5. This gives an area the size of Dallas and is useless to find a location just using the 4 digits. My question can the GPS be replaced with GPS from 2014-2018 model which does accept the full code. ?

Doug,

That would be a great question to ask Jeep themselves.

Please call 00 800 0(###) ###-####/strong>

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok Harry
Seems you can’t help. Thanks anyway

You're welcome

Harry, Customer Service
Harry, Customer Service