Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We are connecting a new phone system. We have connected the…

Customer Question
We are connecting a...

We are connecting a new phone system. We have connected the power plug and the telephone line but the screen keeps saying "Check tel line". We are stumped.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

We are just connecting it so it has not been charged for any time. But we put in the batteries.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

No but we will now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
We have been waiting two hours for a reply. Any chance that we will get one soon?
1/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (or outside of package - if you still have that).
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you OR did you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the new system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are/were they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

KX-TGF344
Spectrum
Previous phone was working

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - is the PHONE CORD from the MAIN BASE connected to the EXACT SAME phone jack - where the previous phone WAS working?

Also, is that previous phone still available - to TEST if it STILL WORKS when reconnected to that same phone jack?

Thanks

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)