Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have been chatting with Cody. order id 18398268-477 when…

Customer Question
I have been chatting...

I have been chatting with Cody. order id 18398268-477 when it said I had a text, I continued the chat on phone instead of computer. If he could send directions to***@******.*** we can proceed with remote access

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I needed to down load file just not on phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I do not have trouble with phone. I need to download Elsinore on computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I need a computer tech not phone

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 29 days ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are no previous questions with Cody or anyone else showing on your account.

What is the make and model of the device that you need remote assistance with?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
HP Pavilion HP 17-g121wm I cannot Install Windows 10 updates because of error Oxc1900209
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 28 days ago

Error OXC1900209 indicates that the system does not pass the compatibility scan to install the update.

Setup.exe will report this error when it can upgrade the machine with user data but cannot migrate installed applications.

So there is a problem with incompatible software blocking the upgrade process.

To resolve this, uninstall the incompatible software then try the upgrade again.

If you don't know which software on your computer is causng the problem then use the following pre-upgrade validation tool:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2015/08/23/windows-10-pre-upgrade-validation-using-setup-exe/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer