Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a used cd Stereo system sa-pm19, it did not have a…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my name...

Hi Pearl, my name is***** bought a used cd Stereo system sa-pm19, it did not have a remote with it. however I did find a remote for it on e-Bay. EUR7711150. is there a code to enter, or just put in batteries and point and play or is the remote broken or the sensor on the Stereo? Thank You for your time. Paul

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Boy, that was fast. Panasonic. I wish I could type faster.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic system?

I have the remote with new batteries in it. what would I need to do now.

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, you have so kind thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hi Paul,

there isn't any code that needs entered - the remote should work as long as fresh batteries are in it.

If you view the IR emitter on the remote using a LCD screen, e.g. on a digital camera or smartphone, can you see a faint blue light being emitted when you press the buttons on the remote?

Pete, Electronic Engineer