Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have a kenwood spectrum ls-p9300 stereo I bought way back…

Have a kenwood spectrum...

Have a kenwood spectrum ls-p9300 stereo I bought way back while in Japan. the speakers are finally giving out. is there a way to keep the stereo (love it) and set up a blue tooth? stereo TO blue tooth,not blue tooth to stereo.

Technician's Assistant: What Kenwood model do you have?

Its called the spectrum. full rack system.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood system?

The speakers are dieing. am finding a lot of blue tooth to stero stuff, but I need to go the other way.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

1/20/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.

kk

Initially, how would this "...stereo TO blue tooth..." be fed from the Kenwood Spectrum LS-P9300 ?

kk.
The system, spectrum, works fine, love my records and cassettes. the speakers are going to have to be replaced. I am looking for a way to take the system and convert the audio out to bluetooth out.

If I understand correctly; disconnect the speakers and instead connect to the speaker terminals a device that would convert the audio signals to Bluetooth signal. In turn this Bluetooth signal would feed a Bluetooth capable amplifier/speaker.

Additionally, please post back with clear pictures of the back of the Kenwood particularly the jacks and connection points. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Yes it is possible but would require two (2) add-on devices:

• convert the speaker output to line level;
  • convert the line level to Bluetooth signal.

Or possibly a single device; i.e. IF and only IF there is a pair of red & white RCAs feeding the Kenwood AMP.

Both of the above approaches would eliminate the use of the Kenwood speakers.

Would either serve your need please?

Incidentally, what seems to be wrong with the Kenwood speakers? ...foam/rubber edge?

kk.
get some bose wifi speakers. the wired equivalent to replace the speakers...the cost is prohibitive.
that is correct.
hope this helps
There are a single set of rca on the back of the AMP. if that is what you are referring to. marked input. what device would I need to get?
Base cone is separating, see picture.
20180119_181146[1].jpg2018011...jpg20180119_181200[1].jpg2018011...jpg20180119_181152[1].jpg2018011...jpg20180119_181243[1].jpg2018011...jpg

Appreciate the pictures.

Yes, there are devices for your need; i.e. "...stereo TO blue tooth..." and the Kenwood AMP itself would not be needed. It would be a Bluetooth transmitter similar to the products shown HERE. The idea is to connect this device instead of the Kenwood amp (hence the failing Kenwood speakers need be used).

And perhaps may be of interest; the Kenwood speakers are repairable...reasonably.

Click HERE.

Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician