Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic KX-TGF380 phone system and the time is…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic KX-TGF380 phone system and the time is off by exactly 1 hour. I am the eastern time zone, so how can i change the time by 1 hour?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGF380? What have you tried so far?

I haven't noticed this until this week but I haven't been to this house for a few months. So, I assume it changed since my last visit here over the summer months. This is my weekend house.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think I just need to reset the time to eastern zone.

1/19/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Is this system connected to a landline phone service provider, and if so, does that service have a "Caller ID" feature?
2) Have ANY calls come in to this landline number - since you have returned to the house?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call - and it will take AT LEAST FIVE MINUTES to be able to reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
Please let me know if that will work for you.
Thanks

The phone system is part of the cable company voice over IP. Should I call them instead?

You may NOT have to contact the cable company, but please let me know IF any calls have come in - since you have arrived at the house - and if they have been able to ring at least twice.

The phone is connected to the cable service with voice over up. Should I contact them to fix the time being displayed on the phone display?

Yes - I saw that information and responded.

Let me post that response again below.

Please let me know IF ANY calls have come in - since you have arrived at the house - and if they have been able to ring at least twice.

Thanks

I am able to call into the Panasonic phone with my cellular.

Did the time CHANGE to the CORRECT HOUR - after the call from the cell phone?

I'm about to reach a phone.

Would you like me to try and call - so we can communicate clearly about this issue?

....

the time did change to the correct time after the call came in so I assume everything is ok now. Why did it take an incoming call to reset the time? But thanks for your help!
No need to call... thanks again for your help!

OK - let me explain.

MOST modern phones of this type have an "Auto-Time-Adjustment" feature - that SETS THE TIME based on the Caller ID information that comes in with each new call.

This allows the time to be corrected for each call AND whenever there is a switch to or from Daylight Saving Time.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
I don’t see the stars option to rate your call. How do I refresh my screen to be able to rate you with the maximum rating?

Most computers or devices have a "Refresh" option available - usually on the main menu. For computers with keyboards, usually pressing the F5 button (above the number keys) will refresh the current screen.

If you have any trouble finding or using rating the stars, I have a link to a short animation that shows how that should work.
How to rate an answer --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Let me know what you find ....

Oh - looks like you found it ... Thanks for the rating.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer