Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My LG bluray player and surround sound isn't working and has…

My LG bluray player...

My LG bluray player and surround sound isn't working and has SIMPLINK ON flashing across the panel

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LG TV?

Nope

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I think so

1/19/2018
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

SIMPLINK allows you to control various multimedia devices so you can enjoy multimedia simply by using the TV remote control through the SIMPLINK menu. You are seeing SIMPLINK ON flashing across the panel because it has been activated. In order to deactivate it, do the following:

(1) On your remote, press the HOME button (one that looks like a house) and select SETTINGS (3 dots in a vertical row) at the top right.
(2) Go to SETTINGS -> General and select SIMPLINK.
(4) Set SIMPLINK to Off.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Home button does not work and there is no display on the TV. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now it stays stuck onBOOT on the display. When I turn it on, the display just scrolls "Please Wait" and will do nothing else.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can I do now?
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The machine is still not working.

What is the make/model of both devices?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LG Home Theater
Model # HB906TAW

Which device says "Please wait"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is the blu-ray receiver unit. You see it was an all-in-one set with surround sound speakers.

Unplug the power cord from the receiver

Wait 2 minutes

Plug it back in

Are you able to follow the steps now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok tried that and still get the same message. "Boot" if I don't press the power button and "Please Wait" if I do.

If it never gets past the "Please wait" message then there is an internal failure with the unit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no way to fix it then?

I am sure you can find a local repair shop that would fix it but the question is if the cost will be worth it.

Harry, Customer Service
Harry, Customer Service