Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

On 11/8/2011 Nathan was asked if he could provide the

Hello. On 11/8/2011...

Hello. On 11/8/2011 Nathan was asked if he could provide the "reset" instructions for a Sherwood Newcastle R-722 (https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/5syc6-sherwood-newcastle-r-772-receiver-reset.html). He inadvertently provided the reset instructions for the model 872. I would like the reset instructions for the R-772, if you can provide them. I am unable to get surround sound, regardless of the set-up configuration. Stereo plays fine, and the test sound comes from all 5.1 speakers (Bose Acustomass 6 Series V). And recently, when watching TV, the sound goes out completely after a few minutes (time is variable) and requires switching the R-722 to standby, then back on. I am hopeful that a reset will fix both issues.

Technician's Assistant: What is your Sherwood connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Cables are all connected tightly.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

CD also stops playing after a period, and also no surround sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Vizio_TV-Model_M401i-A3 on OPT-2 IN, and Component OUT; Panasonic PV-S4566 VCR on S-Video 1 IN, Audio via Video Input 1; Pioneer DV-C302D DVD Player on OPT 1 In and Component 1 IN, and the AM and FM antanea.

1/19/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The reset method is the same for both Sherwood Newcastle systems.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer
But, as in the 2011 response where it was pointed out by the customer that:
"Customer :
I dont have a drop down panel on the receiver and i dont see a button that says tone mode or room 2 on the front
DIYrescue :
You're right, sorry I gave you instructions for the 872 model, pulled the wrong tech sheets. Just a moment.
Customer :
ok, no problem
DIYrescue :
It's not in my manuals, but I can get the info from my factory rep (I'm a sherwood-newcastle dealer/installer)"*******But the info for resetting the R-772 was never provided.
After significant digging, I found the answer elsewhere. You were not able to answer my question. Please refund my money.
Thanks.