Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a computer from you last year. Windows 10. Well I…

Customer Question
I bought a computer...

I bought a computer from you last year. Windows 10. Well I decided to try to clean up some stuff. I found oodles of cookies attached to the computer. I deleted those. Upon inspection I have Office 365, Office Enterprise 2007, and Office Home and Student 2016. Why? Can some be deleted without any adverse results? Thank You ***** Ohio

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

It's Lenovo. I don't have the model name number. Any way to check my account?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo product?

It's an email reader, Internet viewing, online shows, and a word processor.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web Browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really --- Thanks ***** was writing about having 3 versions of Office and don't know why.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

You have three versions of Office installed. It is okay to have different versions of Office installed. If you wish to remove some of the versions, first you need to find out which versions are working and which ones are not. Some of the versions may be trial versions.

When you open Word, for example, look at the first screen that flashes on and off; on that screen, it will tell you which version it is.

After you find out which version is working for you, you can uninstall the other versions, if you want.

As a note, you can just leave them installed, if you wish.

Please, follow the instructions below to remove the versions that you don't want:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: appwiz.cpL
- Click the Ok button.
- Locate the Application's listing and click to select it
- Click the Uninstall/Change button
- Uninstall the program

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Thank you,

***** *****