Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When I turn on my Bose wave radio the only sound is a very…

When I turn on...

When I turn on my Bose wave radio the only sound is a very loud buzz. Even when I use other outlets, it still buzzes. Can this be repaired?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What Bose product do you have?

A Bose wave radio model AWR1-1W

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose product?

I had it probably over 10 years and I use it basically in the morning to listen to the radio

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

IF this can be repaired, where do I go?

If the radio has to be sent out for repair, just to let you know I live in Brick, NJ or area code 08724.
1/19/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help since I never received a reply. My Bose wave radio does not work because when you put it on, the only sound that comes out of it is a very loud static and buzzing noise. If it can be repaired, I'm looking to know where to take it or send it.

Have you tried it in different rooms?

Unfortunately, the radio is too old for Bose to repair it since it would not be worth the cost of repair. You can buy the same radio on eBay for $80 right now and the cost to have it repaired locally would be over $100.

I am not an eBay user. Do you have any knowledge as to where to send it out for repair and yes, it is old.
If you have no knowledge as to where to send it, I'll ask my daughter to look into eBay.

No, there isn't a place to send it due to the age. Usually, it goes back to Bose but not for that old of a unit so you have to find someone locally who can repair it.

OK Harry. Thanks for "your" prompt Help. Signing off.

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, Customer Service
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Harry, Customer Service