Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a cybershot DSC-HX300 which my wife and I like very…

Customer Question
I have a cybershot...

I have a cybershot DSC-HX300 which my wife and I like very much. Recently when i attempt to down load photos, when I plug it in, it will not show up as a device and so I can not down load photos. Also, it no longer charges. Since the cord for doing both of those things plugs into the same port on the side of the camera, I'm concerned that perhaps the port is bad. Or I suppose the cord could be bad. We would like to find out what is wrong with it and have it fixed if fixable for a reasonable price.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Cyber-shot?

Not very old, I'd say maybe 4 years or less

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Cyber-shot?

Not sure what you mean?

Technician's Assistant: The Camera Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

No, what do I do next

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid_Sony, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Do you have another cord to try it?

I do not think so
I thought I was talking with someone from Sony. I do not wish to continue to pay for services with you.

OK, no problem

Bye