Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Kxtg4021 answering system. I cannot hear a caller, but he…

Customer Question
Kxtg4021 answering system....

Kxtg4021 answering system. I cannot hear a caller, but he can hear me. The volume control on both the handset and the base station are turned up, and batteries in the handset are at about 1.35v. Is there a control I am missing?

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your system?

A few days ago

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes, I think so. I haven't checked then one downstairs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

10 minutes with no power and it still doesn't work. I call the ans. system and I can her my wife clearly but she cannot her anything I say.

Thanks

What is the phone system connecting for a signal? eg: Comcast box?

We have Comcast for our phone provider.

Thanks

remove the power to the comcast box, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me how it then functions please