Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My KX-TGF340 stopped and says check telline and the phone is…

My KX-TGF340 stopped and...

My KX-TGF340 stopped and says check telline and the phone is recharging. I have been sure the connections at the base station are secure. I phoned that number and an operator cut in to say the lines are busy. Instructions on line are almost nonexistant

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I do not have a smart phone I have a panasonic land line

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

I put what I have tried before in the initial message. I just noticed this morning. Did not check last night. Was working the night before for sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not using a smoart phone. I am using a panasonic desk phone with two other receivers in the house I placed a $5 deposit earlier today

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No change
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have limited, very limited, cell phone use

Can you tell me what the phone system is connecting to for a signal please? eg: A comcast box?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
medicom. I phoned them mainly to be sure there was not a local problem. Apparently not but they cut me off and I have a cell phone for emergency out calls only.

Can you clarify what you mean with

"Apparently not but they cut me off "

Cut you off from what?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I visited with some dame there who spent her time figuring out my account etc. Then I was cut off

ok, butt ut can be a problem with your line or account, can you call them please and confirm if this is the case?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got far enough to tell you no problem with either
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it be wise to just buy a new base station. That might be the cheapest way to go

One thing I still need to know, what is the phone connecting to for a signal?

A powered router box?

Where does the phone line from the base unit go?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
probably

ok.. can you confirm? It is important to know as if thats the issue there is no point buying a new base unit.

Follow the cable from the base unit and see where it goes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is going into a Cisco mac box and it shows no light for phone

ok, this is the issue then, remove the power to the box and wait 5 minutes, connect power and tell me if the phones work.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is a sputtering orange on the mac box saying link

ok, please do the last instructions I gave, repeated below

this is the issue then, remove the power to the box and wait 5 minutes, connect power and tell me if the phones work.

Richard, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Hey Hooray the phones are working again. I should have tried the pulling of electric cord at the beginning because over the years that has solved almost all problems for all kinds of computer/attachment problems. Happy new year to you and hope it is warm wherever you are. It is 36 here which is uncommonly warm.Thanks again.
Richard, Customer Service