Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I can not open any of my Microsoft office programs. I get…

I can not open...

I can not open any of my Microsoft office programs. I get any error 1723.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Outlook and word 2007

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Outlook?

A windows installer window opens and then a pop up with eeor 1723

1/18/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Which version of windows are you using?

Please let me know

Richard, Customer Service
10
Phone call session started

Thank you

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

520(###) ###-####
the screen says scanning and repairing drive (C) 10% complete. It has been an this for a long time. How long should this take?

yes it can take some time, please let it complete

Ok so it maybe hours so I can co do errands and let it do it’s thing.

yes that is ok

it still wont work

did it complete the repair?

no it did not

Ok, then we will need to do a reinstall of windows if the repair failed.

This will not touch your data but programs you will need to install again from their disks.

But you should always have a backup before doing this.

Is your data backed up off the computer?

I did it last night

ok, then you click start, settings, update and security, recovery

Under Reset MY PC choose Get Started

Choose to keep your file, complete the reset and once done install Office again from the disk and it will then worj again

Let me know please how you go

ok ill do that

Thank you

ok I did it and it didn't work. it said there was an problem resetting the pc and no changes were made

ok, choose to reset but delete all files please

ok ill try that
I did it and it said the same thing

Thanks

It is the hard drive that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

ok thanks for your help. my pc is about 10 years old so I'll just get a new one. have a good day.