Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am considering purchasing a used Peavey PV 20 mixer. Is…

I am considering purchasing...

I am considering purchasing a used Peavey PV 20 mixer. Is this powered? will it need an amplifier to run speakers and monitors that are not powered?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

I do not have seen it yet, only seen a picture on facebook. T

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

I do not have it in my possession. Are you a live person?

1/18/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially and on a Peavey PV 20 mixer:

• Is this powered? - no;
  • will it need an amplifier to run speakers and monitors that are not powered? - yes.

Perhaps the Operating Manual may provide more insight. Please click HERE.

The manual is in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file and can be viewed in most web browser. Right click on the link to "Save as", click on the link to open the file and/or click on the "Download" button to download the file. It would require Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent for this purpose.

Louie, Technician