Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I can't get my pass word to work. What am I doing wrong?

I can't get my...

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Samsung - 2010

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung media player?

I am trying to connect Roku but it keeps rejecting it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want help to connect to Roku

I purchased this ROKU to be able to discontinue some cable networks and access Netflix, etc., I have it hooked up as instructed but my password ***** being rejected??? If not resolved I will return it.. vb
1/17/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I can't afford additional charges.
my password ***** accepted one time but the next step didn't work??

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Which password ***** you referring to?

Mine

Password ***** what?

cccomm.net

Are you referring to a Wi-Fi password, email password, etc

Please be as specific as possible since I cannot see your screen

they are my internet, tv and phone provider

Yes, I understand but what are you trying to do on the ROKU? Enter your Wi-Fi password?

This is the only password ***** have

since I don't have another

Yes, you are trying to enter your Wi-Fi password?

when I click on Roku it gives choices of networks, I click on mine, it goes to the sign on site I use the only password ***** have isn't that right?

Yes, that is correct.

Are you making sure that you are typing it correctly with the correct capitalization?

Oh yes I have done it so many times I am frustrated to say the least..
  1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.
I am sorry to take so much of your time.. I don't know which is the home button or the others on the Roku remote
I need to discontinue this... thank you so much for your efforts to help me..

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, Customer Service