Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have model KXTG7644 I want to disconet one phone and use…

I have model KXTG7644...

I have model KXTG7644 I want to disconet one phone and use another from the same set .how can I desconet the one and use another, thank you

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Panasonic kxtg7644

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I don't know how to chage phones

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Go ahead

1/17/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As long as the systems/handsets are the exact same model, you can do this,

keeping in mind that one base can be linked to a maximum of 5 handsets total.

Take the desired handset to move, and note on the top corner of the screen what its handset model is.

Then on that handset key in Menu#131, then up/down to choose that handset number, then Erase, then up/down to Yes to confirm, then press Select, then Off.

Then on that same handset, key in Menu#131

on the New base station, press and hold the Locator button for 5 seconds,

then press OK on the handset.

Best regards,

Nathan, Engineer
Phone call session started