Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I just got a 256GB Ssd memory card for my Canon powershot…

I just got a 256GB...
I just got a 256GB Ssd memory card for my Canon powershot Elph 120 IS and it says memory card error, what can I do to fix this?
1/17/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to

assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay

You may be able to solve this problem by formatting the memory card. To do this please go the setting menu, choose format and press the m button. Next, press the <q><r> buttons to choose [OK], and then press the <m> button. To begin the formatting, press the <o><p> buttons to choose [OK], and then press the <m> button.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Please click the link below to access a copy of the user manual:

https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf2/44/4363/436265-canon/powershot_elph_130_is_user_guide.pdf?557d06aeb991b112c86dd13c5ce3ffa3&take=binary

Please note that on page 12 you will find illustrated instructions for inserting the memory card correctly and on pages 109 and 110 you will find illustrated instructions for formatting a memory card., The manual advises that you should follow this process with all new memory cards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try it out when I get home

Thank you! Please keep me posted as to your progress. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Formatting it worked

Wonderful! Would you mind rating my service so I will receive credit for my efforts? You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech