Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Cant remember password and don't get chance to create one,

Cant remember password *****...

Cant remember password ***** don't get chance to create one

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

About 60 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Fine. how to?

1/17/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to

assist you. What type of ereader do you have, Kindle, Nook, or something else?

Kindle, an early model

Thank you. can you tell me a little more about the problem please? Why is it asking you for a password? Do you know if it is asking for a wifi password ***** for an Amazon account password?

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
please switch
Phone call session started

It was a pleasure to speak with you this morning. Because you are unable to access your email to get the code sent to you by Amazon you will need to call the number that I gave you to verify your identity and have them reset the passcode for you. When you have your new passcode, please enter it into your Kindle and all should be well. Have a great day!