Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My firestick is no longer working with my Toshiba TV remote.

My firestick is no...

My firestick is no longer working with my Toshiba TV remote. may have accidently hit a wrong key on the TV remote. I did check batteries in remote and firestick . TV comes on but black screen with no firestick icon appearing.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

CT-90262

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I have menu on remote but as I mentioned black screen on tv

1/17/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please try the following steps:

1) Shut the TV off and unplug its power cord.

2) Disconnect the Firestick from the HDMI port.

3) Disconnect and reconnect the USB power cord to the Firestick making sure it's secure.

4) Reconnect the Firestick to the TV's HDMI port.

5) Plug the TV back in, turn it on.

6) Use the Toshiba remote's INPUT/Video source button to select the correct HDMI port.

If these steps do not work, please get me the full model number off of the back of the Toshiba and we can proceed.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Full

Huh?

Full? What does that mean?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still no success

As requested- please postback with the full model number off of the back of the TV if you're still having problems.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
only problem, cannot find tv power cord as it is behind my heavy stand-case. will get full model number which is 32HLC56sent requested model #32HLC56

Do you have another device you can try on the TV's HDMI port such as a DVD player to confirm the port is still working?

Are you still with me here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannot afford the 26 dollar fee. Thanks anyway. I Will try again with the instructions you gave me. Thanks

I'm not asking for the phone call, the website sends that offer without my knowledge or consent. Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was not made aware of my being charged for this so called help thinking it was a $5.00 faith payment and turns out $38.00. I would like this replaced in my account as this is undeniable fraud and not if rectified, will be reported to agencies that deal in this activity of bait and switch especially the elderly.

I'm not privy in any way to billing as I am a user of the site like you are and you would need to take this up with customer service using the site help pages.

Aric, Technician