Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an answerphone model KX-TGM420AZ. I set the "country"

I have an answerphone...

I have an answerphone model KX-TGM420AZ. I set the "country" to New Zealand but after I have received an ordinary call, either internal or external, the time reverts by two hours to Australian time. This always happens. Outgoing calls do not alter the time diisplay. Help ple3ase.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGM420AZ? What have you tried so far?

Since I bought uit about two months ago.

1/17/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "... KX-TGM420AZ..."

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

none, except reset the time each time and check that I have done that properly.

I understand.

And do you have Caller ID feature?

I have already apparently paid $52 on Visa when I was shown $5. This is a new phone and should be under warantee.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

No

Sorry; "...No..." ?

No, I don't want to switch to a phone. Are you unable to solve what seems a relatively simple problem by this texting?
I do have the Caller ID that comes with this model.
Nathan, Engineer

Hello I'm Nathan, a different tech here.

The problem here is that the phone company has an incorrect time setting on their end, which is being automatically broadcast as a time signal along with the caller id information, causing the phone to constantly be out of sync.

To correct this, you'll need to disable the auto time set (manual mode), set the time once more, and then the setting should stick.

Grab a handset and key in Menu # 2260 (Or Menu#226, up/down to MANUAL)

Save
Off

Then, Menu#101 to re-enter the date and time.

Best regards,

Thank you, Nathan. Done.
You’re very welcome!
Nathan, Engineer