Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I was installing upgrades in my ft-991 radio turned of and…

I was installing upgrades...

I was installing upgrades in my ft-991 radio turned of and now it won't power on.

Technician's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

The ft-991

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your FT-991?

About 2 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I trid shutting power supply off for awhile and turning it back on and powering up radio no results.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

First after downloading the Main upgrade I would get the Yaesu on the screen and audio. So I turned it off and on again it wouldn't come on.

1/16/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Yaesu FT-991..."

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.
...have you tried a RESET?

Good morning Louie. l have done a complete factory reset or tries but the radio won't respond. I it won't power up can I still reset?

Hi again,

Is there a USB cable plugged into the USB jack at the back of the FT-991? If yes, have you tried disconnecting this USB cable and then attempt to turn on again the Yaesu?

I will try that tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks.

Yes please and an update when conveniently able.

Unhooked the USB, still no luck.

Sorry to hear of this.

Still, I was made to understand that there's a new server version that addresses the POWER On/Off button for the Yaesu FT-991 with the latest firmware update.

http://download.remotehams.com/debug/RCForb_Server_Setup_0.7.exe

I will be checking that out. Thanks.

I understand.

Louie, Technician