Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

All of a sudden, my D700 won't format the memory card, and…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden, my D700 won't format the memory card, and won't begin the update process. In both cases, I get to the final "Yes", and the camera ignores the press of the "OK" button. What's going on?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any flashing lights, symbols, or messages on your camera or display screen?

No indications of any kind.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried removing and replacing the battery and/or SD card?

I've tried it with and without the external power supply, and reinserted the card many times.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Camera seems fine otherwise, so I think it must be operator error, but I'm stumped.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried formatting a different memory card in the camera?

Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.