Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Not my cell phone land line I have service but it is all…

Customer Question
Not my cell phone...

Not my cell phone land line I have service but it is all static, I can call out and people can call in but it is so staticy no one can hear

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your system?

Yesterday, was fine Saturday, I have had problems in the past for 10 years when the weather is wet

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes all my phones

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

The only thing is I believe the connection on the outside of my house is faulty

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.