Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What is the problem if the projector projects a yellow on…

Customer Question
What is the problem...

What is the problem if the projector projects a yellow on screen model 3400MP

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

All images on screen have a yellow colour

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model 3400mp using Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

IT started about a year ago and I had to stop using it the system work with other projectors , what can I try

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
No other information available
1/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 7 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

Please bring up the MENU using the original remote, or the projector's own button. Let me know if the menu is also yellow. Also, besides the yellow, is the picture sharp/clear?

The data projector gives a white screen with the DELL image but I have tried two different computers and each time the screen goes yellow. Can it be the cable at fault, if so where can I purchase a new cable for the 3400mp projector
Where can I purchase a new cable for the 3400MP data projector in Sydney

4 or 5 different cables come with the 3400MP originally. I've taken a snapshot of them >>here<<. Honestly, I don't think it's the cable but you can try to replace it. I really need to see a picture of the yellow screen so I can get a better idea of what's going on. I know the explanation of "yellow tint" should make sense, but there's honestly a dozen different things that can cause that so I need to see yours to verify.

How can I send you the picture of the screen in Yellow , John

There should be a paperclip icon on your chat window. If it's not there, upload a photo to the sharing site of your choice (Facebook, Imgur, Photobucket) and give me a link to it.