Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a insignia tv. lost the remote. I am trying to

Customer Question
I have a insignia...

I have a insignia tv. lost the remote. I am trying to connect it with my xfinity remote but can figure out th input.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Ns

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I can get to the menu options but that about it because to select you have to enter ok

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No...thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the full model number of your TV?

What is the model number of your Xfinity remote?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ns-32d201na14 rev.a
xr11
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when can I expect a response? I don't Really want to spend all day waiting on you

Hi again, sorry for the delay!

So to program the XR11 remote for your Insignia TV,

1. Turn on the TV.

2. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN.

3. Using the buttons on the remote, enter the code 12049

4. Test the remote to confirm that it controls your TV Power and Volume functions as expected.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. It is still not working. The input on the ru won’t move front tv
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The problem is the tv input and changing it from tv

Did you try using the buttons on the side of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did that first

Will the TV input change ok using the buttons on the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Ok, then the problem is not with the remote but with the TV itself.

What input is it stuck on?

What all input devices are connected to it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tv

What all input devices are connected to the TV? (e.g. DVD player, cable box, etc)

Pete, Electronic Engineer