Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Samsung Notebook SM-T700 and have had it on charge…

Customer Question
Thank you. *****...

Thank you. ***** I have a Samsung Notebook SM-T700 and have had it on charge for all this morning.. However, it will not open. In fact there is no activity on the screen at all. Could this be the battery?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your SM-T700?

As in WiFi connection?

Technician's Assistant: Does your SM-T700 make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

No, no sign of life at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I suppose it could be classed a old but I only use it for my reading books when I go away and that hasn't been too often [of late!!!]

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Press the Power and the Volume Up button simultaneously until you see anything on the screen.

Please let me know if you don't see anything on the screen even after pressing it for 40 seconds.

Nothing

There can be many causes behind this issue:

1. The battery connector might have dislodged or broke.

2. The power connector which charges the battery might have dislodged which in turn is unable to charge the battery.

3. In many cases I have also seen the ribbon cables in the corner, opposite side of the power button was loose or shorted.

Would you like to repair it on your own or would like a professional to repair it for you?