Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Is there a way I can re-program the buttons on my remote…

Customer Question
Is there a way...

Is there a way I can re-program the buttons on my remote that have been set up for NETFLIX, SLING, and/or HBONOW/

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Is there any way to re-program the Netflix, Sling, hulu and/or HBO buttons?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I don't know how to try to reprogram those buttons - would have no clue where to start --

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time, No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Sorry but no you cannot, they were actually paid for by the companies to feature there and are hard coded.

But if you get a harmony remote from logitech such as this.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-350-control?crid=60

You can set buttons to do anything you wish via the harmony software which you use on your computer

But the buttons on your current remote cannot be changed sorry

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

FORGET IT - DO NOT CHG MY ACCT W ANY DEPOSIT OR ANY OTHER AMT

Sorry but may I ask why you are so angry at me now? I provided you a clear answer, normally a customer is very happy with that but you have replied in a very hostile and aggressive manner. Is there something in my answer to you that offended you?