Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am a school teacher our tech department just installed a…

Customer Question
I am a school...

I am a school teacher our tech department just installed a new Hitachi CP-X30 LWN overhear projector but the freeze button will not function. I press the Freeze button on the remote, and the Freeze words appear for approximately 3-5 seconds and then disappears and reverts back to an active screen. Any solutions? Out tech department does not have an answer

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your CP-X30?

Yes, and the projector is a ceiling mount

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No it has functioned like this since the time of install in mid-December

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help!

Sounds like your remote button might be sticking. The only way to take it out of FREEZE mode, is to press FREEZE a second time. Are you sure you aren't pressing it again?

It will not freeze that is the problem not taking it out of feeeze. I know how to use the remote I was thinking it was somewhere in the Setings but obviously you do not have the solution either. She nice it is a new demo machine J will ask for a replacement and a refund of my $5.00 for this less than helpful answer
The message should have said “This a new machine so I will request a replacement

No need to be rude... just trying to help. Take care!