Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I want to have Alexa read my books that are on my kindle…

Customer Question
Hi, i want to...

Hi, i want to have Alexa read my books that are on my kindle (Alexa info says it can do reading, even if it's not an audio book, alexa would read.)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I have tried a couple days. Googled how do i... asked alexa to read kindle book. I even have an audio book and alexa says sge can't locate. Checked wifi ...on... tried blue tooth... i have been unsuccessful. Help!

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Does Alexa only work with 'new' kindles?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Benjamin Nichols, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Benjamin Nichols
Benjamin Nichols, Computer Hardware Engineer

Alexa reads eligible books:

• Purchased from the Kindle Store
  • Borrowed from Kindle Owners' Lending Library
  • Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading
  • Shared with you in your Family Library

Alexa does not support the following types of Kindle content and features:

• Comics and graphic novels
  • Narration speed control
  • Immersion reading

To find eligible books in the Alexa app:

1. Go to the menu and select Music, Video, & Books.
  2. Under Books, select Kindle.
  3. Choose an available device from the drop-down menu before selecting a title.

Control book reading with your voice

Say, “Play the Kindle book, '[title]'” to start the book.

Say, "[Pause / Skip / Stop / Resume]" to control Alexa's reading progress.

If you already started reading the book on another compatible Amazon device or the Kindle reading app, Alexa will pick up from where you left off.

To go to a different chapter in the book, you can select the Now Playing icon in the Alexa app. Then select Queue to choose a chapter from the list.

With Echo Show you can also say...

"Show me my Kindle books."

Note: On Fire tablets, Alexa won't show the text for the book on-screen while reading.

If this does not work for you please let me know and I will open the question to another expert. If I have answered your question please be sure to rate my service.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.