Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Sharp er A 410. Screen has black rectangles all across top.

Customer Question
Sharp er A 410 ...

Sharp er A 410

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Screen has black rectangles all across top

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Sharp ER-A410

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Turned power on and off rectangles still on screen

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
no one has responded??
how long does it take for a response?
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do not know why my credit card was charged when all you ask is I STILL need help? If you have not given me any assistance, of course I still need help??Please call(###) ###-####before 2:00pm EST.Thank you, Harry.

Unplug the power cord

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord

Power on

Do you still have the issue?

ALREADY did that before I contacted you :-(Harry, I have faith you can make this happen!!

Please use “Procedure A” or “Procedure B” Procedure A:

1) Set the mode switch to the (SRV’) position.

2) Plug in the AC power cord to the wall outlet.

3) While holding down the JOURNAL FEED key, turn the mode switch to (SRV) position from the (SRV’) position.

Procedure B:

1) Unplug the AC power cord from the wall outlet.

2) Set the mode switch to the (SRV) position.

3) While holding down the JOURNAL FEED key, plug in the AC power cord to the wall outlet.

Any way to call now before I get off work?
2:00 EST
THANK YOU ,Harry!
U r awesome!!

Is it fixed now?

no sir

I apologize -- You wrote "U r awesome!" so I assumed it was fixed.

Unfortunately, those are the only steps that I see available. Please call Sharp at 1-800-BE-SHARP and see if they can provide you with different steps.

Do not call me!

I have declined the request.

Accident

I have declined the request.

Please call Sharp at 1-800-BE-SHARP and see if they can provide you with different steps.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Sharp cannot help with ER SERIES:-(Need dealer but they have no clue !

Unfortunately, there is not much more that can be done.

You can buy the same register for $400 online and to have it repaired locally (if you can find someone) would probably end up costing around the same.

Harry, Customer Service