Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Looking for the ohms on a Cerwin Vega CVHA-A18S POWERED

Customer Question
Second opinion] Looking for...

Second opinion] Looking for the ohms on a Cerwin Vega CVHA-A18S POWERED SUBWOOFER THE AMP IS FRIED, AND I NEED TO REPLACE WITH A DIFFERENT OME

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Cerwin Vega

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Tried looking everywhere to find out what the speakers ohms are

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
1/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! Sorry we took so long to respond. Do you still need help with the speaker? If you do, I need you to let me know if the model number is ***** (you posted CVHA but I cannot find that in my database). Thanks!

Apologies......you are correct. It is a CVHF.
I figured it out already by taking off the amp plate so I could see the ratings on the back of the speaker. Thanks anyway, sorry for the run around.

No worries. Glad you got it figured out!

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.