Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an old sentry safe model 3817. And the lock / battery…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old sentry safe model 3817

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your?

And the lock / battery system seems to have gone bad...am wondering if I should just dispose it and buy a new one or is it worth repairing

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

This one...more than 15 years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope and if I have to ispose it, who will help dispose it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Have you put new batteries in? Or is that the part you need help with (need instructions)?

need instructions please...

Okay on the front of the safe, to the left of the keypad buttons you'll see a few status lights in a vertical row,

look directly below those (just below the keypad area) for a small hole.

Take a pin or papeclip and press it into that hole, and then that cover will slide off to the right, giving you access to the battery compartment so you can replace the 4aa batteries inside. Then you should be able to use your code again to open it.

Let me know if that works for you please.