Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I purchased the acoustimass 7 a few years back and want to…

Customer Question
I purchased the acoustimass...

I purchased the acoustimass 7 a few years back and want to take the little speakers down as we are moving. I can't figure out how they come apart to dismount from the wall. Any help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Bose Acoustimas 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose product?

I have disconnected the wiring, used an Allen wrench to remove the speaker. Trying to dismount the plate covering the base and it won't slip over the ball that the speaker mounts to. Don't want to force it and perhaps break the cover plate.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

On the bracket that mounts the speakers to the wall, there is a standard phillips head screw on the pivoting part. Loosen that screw to remove the speaker part of the bracket. You will be left with a smooth shaft with a hole in it. Pop the plastic cover off the wall mount part and slide it over the shaft. Then remove the 4 screws holding the bracket to the wall. Let me know if you run into problems.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

There is NO Phillips screw on the pivoting part...there is two Allen screws on the pivoting part which I backed out and removed the speaker. The problem is there is no visible means of getting the face plate over the shaft and pivot ball. The base plate is easily removable.

Strange, I've installed dozens of these and what you're saying is contrary to what I've seen , I will opt out and perhaps another expert can assist.

Your help isn't any good. I'm not ready to pay another $26 just to talk to you and have the same results. I am no dolt. I am very good at putting things together and taking them apart. Apparently you are viewing a newer version of the speaker base. I just can't find the original paperwork.
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.