Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

On December 31, 2016 I jpurchased a UDH television set from…

Customer Question
On December 31, 2016...

On December 31, 2016 I jpurchased a UDH television set from Harvey Norman Cairns. I took delivery of the set on 6 January 2017.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I purchased the set as a new uinit on 31 December 2016 and took delivery on 6 January 2017, Yesterday the set ceased to operate. When the set is in the stand-by mode a red light is visible and when you try to turn it on the green light flashes and the light goes back to red. The screen remains dark and the set cannot be turned on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

This set is under warranty and is in need of attention under the terms of the warranty.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: JA Engineer, Engineer replied 1 month ago
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The fact that your TV is still under warranty from Harvey Norman Cairns, you need to carry or send it back to them to either repair or replace it. If the TV was delivered to you by mail/courier, you have to contact their Customer First Team. If your TV cannot be easily returned to a Harvey Norman Store, you have to contact their Customer First Team and they will arrange an inspection to assess the TV.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.

JA Engineer
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer