Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When I turn my RX V440 av receiver on it powers off in about…

Customer Question
Hi, When I turn...

Hi, When I turn my RX V440 av receiver on it powers off in about 1or 2 seconds. It has not been used for several years but was OK then.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last turn on your instrument?

About 2 or 3 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thank`s.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Over time, the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply circuitry can leak and short out or fail and will need to be replaced.

A local electronics repair shop can replace them for you.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------