Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a Pansonic phone from Best Buy in July/17. One of…

Customer Question
I bought a...

I bought a Pansonic phone from Best Buy in July/17. One of the handsets kept loosing it's battery charge a few days after replacing the batteries. This continued despite replacing the batteries each time. I returned it to your factory and a replacement was sent and it is still having the same problem. I don't know if this was a new handset or it was repaired and returned. However I now need to return it again and get a new replacement which hopefully will hold the charge for more than a few days. Please send me return instructions and a mailing address again.

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your Panasonic system, or was it bought separately?

It came with the Pansonic system

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

No,they are ok.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What ist he model of the phone?
Can you tell me what battery replacements you used?

Model #KX-TGF572 I tried using re-chargable Pansonic batteries and Duracell re-chargable batteries many times but they don't hold the charge in the handset.

Were the batteries orange or green?

If you put this same handset into another base, or the main base station, does it charge properly and hold the charge that way?

Model #KX-TGF572 I tried using re-chargable Pansonic batteries and Duracell re-chargable batteries many times but they don't hold the charge in the handset. They are green. I tried using different bases but it did not work in any of them,
Model #KX-TGF572 I tried using re-chargable Pansonic batteries and Duracell re-chargable batteries many times but they don't hold the charge in the handset. They are green. I tried using different bases but it did not work in any of them.
Are you still working on this? Please let me know how long I have to wait for an answer.
Are you still working on this? Please let me know how long I have to wait for an answer. I have been waiting for a response for the last hour. Can I expect help for this issue or should I call and report that there was no response to my problem.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

There is also no need to continue resending the same information over and over. It appears you are resending the entirety of each prior message each time.

The duracell batteries would not be expected to work here, they are not designed for these phones. The exact matching model panasonic batteries should work. If they don't, you can try cleaning the metal contacts/pins on the bottom edge of the phone by swabbing them with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol. Beyond that this would be a hardware defect, meaning a faulty charging circuit in the handset. The handset would need to be replaced at that point, they are not repairable.

If purchased within the past year, you can file a warranty claim with panasonic at(###) ###-####

or if you prefer not to deal with the warranty process, which can take a long time waiting on the phone and then often several weeks for a replacement to be sent, you can buy a new one here yourself: http://amzn.to/2D3eLvb