Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Her. My remote phone shows 5 new calls. I cant erase them.

Customer Question
Jim her. My remote...

Jim her. My remote phone shows 5 new calls . I cant erase them

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Not a smart phone problem, 1DBXBO12246

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

KXTG7622, HAVE TRIED ALL THE CALL ERASE PROCEDURES BUT CAN NOT ERASE THE MESSAGE. PHONE TELLS ME I HAVE 5 CALLS BUT WHEN I ERASE THEM , IT CONTINUES TO TELL ME i HAVE CALLS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, OTHER THAN THIS PROBLEM, ALL HAS GONE WELL

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
I have no other documents to show. I am trying to erase notification that I have messages but can not erase the constant message that says I have mwssages
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello Jim & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) What is the EXACT indicator or message that you are seeing that indicates you have 5 messages?
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

(im)

Light blinks on top of phone S (4).. States "NEW VOICE MAIL" SAME ON ALL PHONES. PHONE SERVICE THROUGH COX. HAVE TRIED ALL WAY TO DELETE VOICE MAIL CALL . PHONE SAYS "ALL CALL PLAYED BACK, NO MESSAGES" BUT SIGN STILL SHOWS IN PHONE SCREEN

Hi again and thanks for that information.

If the display(s) says "New Voice Mail", then that means that there are messages waiting IN THE PROVIDER'S "Voicemail system".

The provider's voicemail system is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from the "Answering system" that is built into the Panasonic main base, so there is a different procedure to access or check and manage the provider's voicemail system.

So may I ask WHEN this issue first began or was noticed?

And, have you ever accessed or used the COX Voicemail system before these indicators appeared?

If you have NOT used that system before, I have a link to the COX support page, that shows HOW to access that system from either a home phone (like the Panasonic) OR an outside phone.

NOTE: If this is the FIRST time accessing the COX voicemail system, there may be some "setup" that has to be done - such as setting the pass code or PIN. There is a link on the support page that should guide you through that process.

Click Here for support page --> https://www.cox.com/residential/support/checking-your-voice-mail.html

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this issue.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)