Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have lost combining to my brinks safe 5054. I need

Customer Question
I have lost combining...

I have lost combining to my brinks safe 5054. I need important house papers in it. I have key but safe was dropped and now it won't open. Need help opening it. Can you help

Technician's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

I dropped safe on for moving it from shelf. I went to open with key and now won't open

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

No just how do i open it, i don't have combination cuz have always used key

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............it sounds as it the door maybe a little racked now since the fall..........I would try this because there is a pressure seal .....take a pry bar and slip it in between the door and the inside part and lift it the opposite way it fell .........each time go a little at a time ......you may have to do it more than a few...........and try to open.......after that if needed take a rubber mallet or a hammer with a towel wrapped around it .......... go around on the face of the door and give it a few good taps.........please let me know if this had an effect

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Not helpful
You have been opening it with the overide key right?
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor