Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Need replacement for Class 2 power supply: Model

Customer Question
Need replacement for Class...

Need replacement for Class 2 power supply:

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Model JXA-24V150-IPO MADE BY CHANGZHOU RIYI Elecric Co was for Christmas tree ornament.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. out put is 24v ac 150ma

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Input 120vac 0.28A

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

I've been in your shoes many times over the years, and universal "switching" power supplies are a thing of beauty. >>This one<< should do everything you want. You can set it to output 24V or 12V. When you set it for 24V, it will output up to 1A, which covers your 150mA requirement.

Just take a look at the tips it comes with, and let me know if you think it will fit. It should.

You quoted a AC to DC adapter.
I need an AC to AC adapter.

You are absolutely right! I can't believe I missed that. I'll opt out to see if someone else can find the AC/AC adapter that you're looking for.

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry:
I suggest YOU look there!
Once again you, just like Dan before you, are quoting ac to DC adapters!
I need a 120vac 60Hz 0.28a input to 24Vac 150ma output!
AC to AC got it!
What is the problem Harry? Is it so difficult to understand? 120vac to 24vac!!!!!!