Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a DMR EZ485 that shows an error code of F60. What…

Customer Question
I have a DMR...

I have a DMR EZ485 that shows an error code of F60. What does that mean? I can't find it in the manual anywhere

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your F60?

What do you mean?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your F60? What have you tried so far?

I just put a dvd in it and it won't even let me eject.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm confused...I called Panasonic and they say in their message that there is free support online by going to Panasonic.com/support

The F60 error is an error that indicates a video processing board failure. Here are a few things that you can try (do one first then try number two if one does not work):
(1) Unplug the recorder from its power source and wait for just about 2 minutes, then plug it back in. If zeros show on the display, press and hold the power button for 8 to 10 seconds. The unit should go into "Standby mode." Wait 10 seconds and then press the power button. If this procedure was successful, it should start working normally. If not, try number 2 below.
(2) A complete system reset can be accomplished by turning the DVD/VCR off. Then press and hold the STOP and CHANNEL up buttons for 5 seconds and simultaneously pressing and releasing the POWER button once.

Please let me know if any of the options work.